Investment Banker – Deal Origination
Cebron Group is seeking a mid-level investment banker to join our international M&A team to focus on new client acquisition in growth markets.
Cebron Group is expanding its global investment banking team to provide a range of services to a substantial client base including corporations, institutions and ultrahigh net worth families. The firm is building capabilities in Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and North America and is expanding our team of deal sourcing investment bankers.
Our firm offers clients debt financing to assist in managing their liquidity and growth, M&A financing, and growth capital in industries that include:
- Transportation & Logistics
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Life Sciences & Health Care
- Energy & Resources
- Financial Services
- Engineering & Construction
- The role focuses almost entirely on deal origination
- Identify opportunities with lower middle market and middle-market corporations in emerging markets and connect with executive management teams to secure an investment banking agreement to either raise debt or equity or for M&A.
- The goal of deal origination is to ensure a large volume of deals is obtained in a given period to maintain a viable deal flow.
- Develop relationships with new clients in order to expand the firm’s business.
- Conduct preparation and review of materials used in the financing of clients, including investment memoranda, management presentations, and pitchbooks.
- Perform preliminary due diligence, research and analysis of transactions.
- Affinity for current events, critical issues, and relevant news.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance required, MBA preferred
- Five years of experience in investment banking or commercial banking
- Broad financial services product knowledge
- Understanding of credit policies and procedures
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate complex global organizations
- Superb attention to detail and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to, manage multiple priorities, working styles and work independently in a highly unstructured environment
- Comfortable working in an environment that is evolving and subject to change
- Understanding of compliance and KYC process
- Highly self-motivated to work independently and on broad based teams that cross lines of business
Typically, our minimum deal size is US$50 million.