Private Equity Analyst Intern
We are looking for a Private Equity Analyst Intern capable of creating and analyzing financial statements and models, analyzing and performing due diligence on potential investments, preparing internal memos and documentation for investments as well as preparing information for our investors. However, the main focus of the analyst will be in depth financial analysis, financial modeling and generation of internal and external information memos and teasers.
Specifically, the work of the Private Equity Analyst includes:
- Extensive analysis of business models with a focus on financial aspects
- Creation and validation of financial models and statements (Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow Statements) including historical and future valuations with the goal to evaluate the financial viability of investments for external investors and showing economics of Investments
- Creation and development of internal Investment Memos and teasers including identifying main risks and mitigants of investments
- Valuation Analysis including comparable analysis
- Participate as an active member of the PE Team by performing quantitative and qualitative due diligence on prospective investment opportunities
- Provide sector/macroeconomic research to support the decision-making process to the PE Team and assist in preparing materials for the Investment Committee and Board of Directors meetings
- Perform other assignments as requested and proactively identify value-adding projects and initiatives
- Effectively communicate and exhibit the desire to function as a team member, demonstrate attention to detail and be accurate across all areas of responsibility
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have excellent English skills.
- Experience creating financial models from scratch
- Extensive understanding of Microsoft Excel, with extensive experience in financial modeling
- Strong risk analysis and credit skills.
- Experience writing investment memos, teasers and internal approval materials. Experience preparing materials for investors a plus.
- General knowledge of pro formas is needed.
- The ability to manage multiple, current priorities and easily adapt to changing priorities is necessary as is the ability to think analytically to develop and recommend effective solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal) are required as is the ability to foster effective working relationships with peers and partners.
- MBA or a master’s degree in finance
- Top academic performance
- Relevant Private Equity/Capital Markets knowledge and/or experience
- Great working knowledge of computer systems, Excel, Access, Pitchbook
- Progress towards achieving the CFA designation is a plus
No institutional investment experience is required.